Drug-Free Communities: Haverhill Area Substance Misuse Prevention Coalition
Mission & Vision
We envision a caring community in which everyone can enjoy life without the harmful effects from the misuse of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs.
Our mission is to reduce and prevent substance abuse among youth by working together to build a healthy, safe, and drug-free community.
We strive to make this possible by implementing prevention and education messaging throughout the community and working with SAU #23 school district to engage their students in activities.
Who we are
Haverhill Area Substance Misuse Prevention Coalition (HASMPC) is made up of concerned citizens, representing twelve different sectors across the community, coming together to educate about and prevent future drug use in the Haverhill area communities. The 12 sectors HASMPC represent include:
What we do
- Work to change the culture and misperceptions about addiction and drug use in our community
- Distribute educational prevention materials/resources about local treatment and recovery options
- Invite motivational speakers to our community
- Provide chem-free activities for youth
- Create public serice announcements to keep the community updated on Coalition efforts, local events, and issues
- Meet with local residents to identify gaps in our existing resources
- ... and more!
Stay up to date with HASMPC
Find the Haverhill Area Substance Misuse Prevention Coalition on Facebook (@HASMPC) and Instagram (haverhill_area_smp) to stay up to date on Coalition efforts.
For more information
Contact Drug-Free Communities Coordinator for HASMPC, Mariah Coulstring:
YouthonTrack@NCHCNH.org or (603)259-3700, ext. 251